Rules for the student residence
1. German law requires the student residence (like all residences) to be quiet from 1.00 - 3.00 pm and from 10.00 pm -7.00 am. The student residence must also be quiet day and night during the midterm and final exam periods.
2. No pets are allowed in the student residence.
3. Residents are held responsible to:
a) keep the kitchen, shower and WC clean
b) empty trash into the garbage containers
c) save energy by turning off electricity and water after use: in case of misuse (shower, heating, water) the tenant responsible for additional costs will be charged
d) no posters, pictures on the walls or on the furniture
e) protect their and others security by keeping the room door locked, the corridor and main door closed
g) furniture may not be moved.
4. Overnight visitors are not allowed.
5. Residents will share expenses in the case of vandalism of common property (washer/dryer kitchen, bath/WC, stairway, hallway etc.)
6. The following SIU staff are allowed to enter a room in case of an emergency or disturbance situation: director, residence director, resident supervisor, caretaker, maintenance staff
7. If repairs are necessary, SIU staff is authorized to enter a room. This includes repairs and reasons of safety and sanitation.
8. Every student is responsible for the cleaning of the kitchen and their own room. Inspections may be made periodically with 2 – day prior notification.
9. Parties are not allowed.
10. The university and ih Heidelberg - Collegium Palatinum are not responsible for the loss or damage to personal property in the residences due to theft, fire, interruption of water, heat or other utilities, occuring within the residence. It is strongly suggested to students to use the safe in their rooms. Please obtain personal property coverage or check their parent's homeowners policy for coverage of their belongings.
SMOKING: not permitted in living quarters. There are designated smoking areas outside of the dormitory area: garden, terrace and courtyard.
DRUNKEN BEHAVIOUR: will not be tolerated.
DRUGS: - absolutely prohibited. Upon suspicion of illegal activity, the residence director may enter a room unannounced.